All patient infomation is considered to be confidential and we comply fully with the Data Protection Act and Information Governance. All employees have access to this information in relation to their role. To ensure all employees understand their responsibilities they will each sign a confidentiality agreement.
It is our legal duty to keep information about you confidential. Our guiding principle is that we are holding your records in strict confidence.
We have a duty to
- Maintain full & accurate records of the care we provide to you
- Keep records about your confidential, secure & accurate
- Provide information in a format that is accessible to you
- Information may be shared, in confidence, with other NHS organisation in the interests of patient care.
We will not share information that identifies you for any reason, unless
- You ask us to do so
- We ask you for specific permision
- We have to do this by law
- We have special permission because the interest of the public are thought to be of greater importance than your confidentiality
For further more in depth information about how we handle your personal data and your rights, please click on the following links for full information leaflets for you to download and print.
How we use your Health Records
Freedom of Information Act 2000